- NCCI is on Instagram. Find us here
- The NCCI's connectivity working group synthesized science to aid #tiger #conservation in central India. Paper from that #collaboration is out now! Congrats! Read the paper here
- New study by Dr. Sarika Khanwilkar shows that trafficked tiger parts entering the United States (US) represent almost half of global illegal tiger trade - www.wild-tiger.org/tigertrade.html
- Access to data on central India was never easier! New Data Layers for Tiger Connectivity, Water and many more are now available.
Nominate datasets that you'd like to see on the Central India Data-Collab.
- Congratulations Dr Uma Ramakrishnan for being awarded the 'Conservation Beacon Award' by Society for Conservation Biology (SCB)!
Read about SCB's awards and winners here
- Mahi Puri, NCCI member & a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Florida has won the Murray F. Buell 2021 award for excellence in Ecology for her outstanding oral presentation at the 2020 Ecological Society of America's Annual Meeting -“The balancing act: Maintaining leopard-wild prey equilibrium could offer economic benefits to people in a shared forest landscape of central India.”
- Shekhar Kolipaka, NCCI member, believes that listening is the key to building trust, especially with community members to understand what they find meaningful. Check out - his work on encouraging communities to conserve tigers in this profile by AAAS Dialogue on Science, Ethics, & Religion.
- Sarika Khanwilkar discusses The Tiger Temple, Tiger King and saving the last wild tigers on Jackson Wild Live. Please support her online petition 'Indians against illegitimate tiger breeding and ownership in the US'.
- Check out Project Spotlights, where we highlight exciting conservation work by our members.
- Dr. Milind Watve wins SCB's Distinguished Service Award (Asia Section)